Appointments are available initially on:
- Tuesdays 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Wednesdays 8.00am to 6.00pm
- Fridays 8.00am to 5.00pm
We are commencing the clinic on a reduced appointment schedule due to COVID-19. The Launceston Women’s Health Clinic will expand to a five-day service in the future.
- Initial consultation 30 mins to 40 mins – All patients new to the LWHC have an initial consultation. In this longer consultation you can expect a comprehensive assessment including examination and ordering of tests where appropriate. This consultation is tailored to your specific health requirements. After your Initial Consultation, subsequent appointments can be booked as a Review Appointment. Please arrive 10 minutes early to complete a medical history form.
- Initial consultation 20 mins – All patients new to the LWHC have an initial consultation. This 20-minute appointment is suitable only for an STI check, or to discuss an IUD replacement or a repeat contraception script. If you wish to be seen for any other reason, book the longer Initial consultation. After your Initial Consultation, subsequent appointments can be booked as a Review Appointment. Please arrive 10 minutes early to complete a medical history form.
- Review appointments are 20 minutes and are available once you have had your Initial consultation with a LWHC Doctor.
- COVID Telehealth Initial Consultation: telephone consultation is 40 minutes. This telehealth appointment is available for women who meet the Government’s criteria for a vulnerable patient. If you do not meet the criteria for a telehealth consultation please make an Initial Appointment to come in and see the Doctor.
- COVID Examination post Telehealth Initial Consultation is 20 minutes. This appointment is for women who have had the initial telehealth consultation and need an examination with the Doctor. The type of examination depends on individual needs. An examination may include: blood pressure check, breast examination and or internal examination where appropriate.
- COVID Telehealth Review Appointment is 20 minutes and is available for women who have already had their initial telehealth consultation.
- Medication termination of pregnancy – Please refer the MTOP section on our website for important information prior to making this appointment. Please be aware that MTOP medication can only be given when a pregnancy is less than 63 days. The first day of the last period is counted as day 1 of a pregnancy, so it is important to get an early appointment to allow for sufficient time for the necessary tests.
To make an appointment, please book online here or phone on (03) 6388 9284.
We confirm appointments via SMS and ask that you confirm or cancel your appointment upon receiving this appointment reminder. If you are unable to keep your appointment please contact the clinic as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule.
COVID related Telehealth consultations are available for those patients who meet the Government’s criteria for a vulnerable patient.
Vulnerable means a patient at risk of COVID-19, so a person who:
- is required to self-isolate or self-quarantine in accordance with guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee in relation to COVID-19; or
- is at least 70 years old; or
- if the person identifies as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent—is at least 50 years old; or
- is pregnant; or
- is the parent of a child aged under 12 months; or
- is being treated for a chronic health condition; or
- is immune compromised; or
- meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.